Project Team: Individual or Partners
Project Due Dates:
- Pre-Production: Story board and questions due by the end of class Monday, September 30, 2013. 50 points.
- Production: Footage due by the beginning of class Monday, October 7, 2013. 100 points.
- Post-Production: Finished product due by the end of class Friday, October 11, 2013. 200 points.
- Critique due by Tuesday, October 15, 2013 by the end of class. 100 points.
For this project students will conduct individual sit-down interviews with one subject (fellow student, teacher, staff, inanimate object, etc.). This project works well with groups of two. That way one can interview while the other films and vice versa.
Students need to generate a list of at least ten questions and should conduct the interviews in a professional manner. Assessment will be based on students’ ability with camera technique and framing, successful integration of audio, demonstration of an understanding of the 180 Rule, and editing. Camera work should display knowledge of how to vary shots when conducting an interview (see shot list below) and the 180 Rule. Audio must be crisp and clear through the use of the proper microphone for the particular interview situation. Students will continue to build on the basic editing skills learned with the Montage Project, specifically learning to how adjust audio and edit together shots with smooth transitions.
As always, students will be required to write a critique of their work after completing the project. This critique should include a discussion of the content of the project, what was learned as a result of the project, and what will be improved in future projects.
- Over the Shoulder
- Reverse Over the Shoulder
- Close-Up of each person